Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Response to Comments

  Hello. I am doing a posting in response to a wise, well thought out, and intellegent response a reader gave to a  posting of mine "Cult Characteristics"
  He took my points in the order they were posted. I feel he asked good questions.
  To my first point he felt that Christians could be a cult also. Let me respond by restating the definition I am using for a cult. It is any group that says it is Christian and is not. A group that diviates from Orthodoxy. Orthodoxy is found in the Scripture.
   He wanted to start a side issue on Messiahship. He seemed to camp on Messiahship.He wanted to know where in what he called Jewish scriptures the idea of a messiah dieing for sins shows up. Let me say I am still pondering that.
   As for my second point he seemed to zero in on Christians and their belief that the Messiah is 100% man and 100% God.  Isaiah 9:6-7 -"For a child will be born to us, a son will be given to us; and the government will rest on His shoulders. (So far. Man. Human.) And His name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty  God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace (100% God) There will be no end to the increase of His government or of peace. On the throne of David and over his kingdom. to establish it and to uphold it with justice and righteousness from now on and forever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will accomplish this."
  On to the third about good works. That one I won't bother with. It is getting off the subject of cult charactertistics and are Christians cultic.
   In the forth point he refers to the Christian Bible as being full of misquotes. he refers to a Jewish Bible. The point I want to make is that the Bible is Jewish. All the way from Genesis to Revelation. Jews wrote it. They preserved it. Christians owe the Jews for giving us a manuscript that is accurate and fairly free of errors that harm basic doctrines.
   I am amused to see that he uses the twenty second letter in the Greek Alphabet -Chi (x)- to keep from spelling out the word Christ. USe the name Jehovah if you are afraid of the Greek term meaning Messiah.

No comments:

Post a Comment