Friday, October 21, 2011

Memorize to Recall

    If a person wants you to know him he will do everything in his power to communicate with you.
    God wants to have you on the same page as Him. He wants to be able to be involved in your life. Memorization of Scripture is a good way to do this. God speaks through the Bible. He is not silent.God can be known. He has caused to be written all He wishes you to know.
     If you were to receive  a letter from someone you really care about, you would memorize portions so you could quote it to all who will listen. After you get into a relationship with God you will want to have portions of what He has said hidden in your heart.
   Psalm 119: 11 states, "Your word I have hide in my heart, that I might not sin against God."
   Psalm 119 also says "Your word is a lamp onto my feet and a light onto my path."
   A person easily can take a portion of the Scripture and learn it. "Be anxious for nothing, but by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving, let your request be made known unto God. And the peace of God which passes all understanding will guard your heart and mind through Christ Jesus." Phil. 4:6,7.
     Okay. That last passage is a bit longer. But if you only remember"Be anxious for nothing." you can remember it at times when you start to feel anxious.
     A way to memorize. Select the passge. Read it through a few times. Five times may be a start. Then without looking try to repeat it word for word.It is important you do it word for word. Also try to stay with the same translation of the Scripture. I first started with the King James. I now use the New American Standard. The New International is good. Just stick to one translation.
     Repeat the verse by memory five times. Check for accuracy. Rest up for a while. Repeat until you have it word for word without looking. The reason for this is that most of the time you won't have the Bible with you when you want to quote it to someone.
     Be sure to get the address as part of your Scripture verse when you memorize. This will help you remember where it is located.
     From time to time I will be repeating myself when it comes to topics. Just want you to know now. The best idea for you is to fellowship me so you don't miss a word of this important blog. 
     And feel free to comment. I love reading comments. I do respond.

No comments:

Post a Comment