This is in contrast to Jesus who said "Come to me, all you who labor, and I will give you rest. ..My Yoke is easy, and my burden is light." Matthew 11:28,30
The Islam belief systyem has five doctrines.
- There is one god and his name is Allah.
- The angel Gabriel appeared to Mohammed. There is an evil angel also called Shaitan as well as dijinns.
- Moslems have four sacred books- God inspired books they call them. The Torah of Moses ( the Pentateuch), the Zabur (Psalms of David), The Injil (gospel) of Jesus, and the final words of Allah to mankind, the Koran. This Koran is seen by them as superseding and overruling all that went before.
- They hold to twenty-eight prophets of Allah with Mohammed being the last and greatest prophet.
- On the last day when the dead are resurrected Allah will be their judge and send the people either to heaven or hell.. Heaven will be a place of sensual pleasure. On the other hand hell will be where everyone who opposes Allah and his prophet, Mohammed, will be.
- To become a Moslem you must publicly recite the Shahadah."There is no god but Allah and Mohammed is the prophet of Allah."
- You must pray five times a day knelling and bowing toward Mecca.
- You must give one-fortieth of your income in alms.
- You are required to fast on Ramadan which is on the ninth month of the Moslem luner year
- And you should not forget the pilgrimage to Meccca. This you can do once in your lifetime.
- There is another pillar which we here in the United States, since 9/11, are very aware of. That is the pillar of the Jihad.. It is a Holy War to defend Islam ( doesn't seem to be the case in the USA) or a reason to conquer other lands for Allah.
Please. Am I helping you? What would you like me to clarify? What are your needs? How can I help?