Thursday, October 13, 2011

Answers For The New Age

    Before I start this post let me ask you this. Are you following me?  I mean, have you clicked follow located in the side bar?. That is the only way you can get a fullness of my postings.
     So if you are following you have the question, Yah, I know you are trying to say it is pervasive, this New Age philosophy. And since that is so, just how do I answer them?
     Let me give you some ideas. Since there are many different answers given when you ask them what they teach... remember, it accepts all religions as being one.-- you need to realize some answers to their belief.
    When you ask about the Trinity they may tell you "He is not one individual, but an energy gestalt" In other words, God is not a Trinity but an impersonal energy field who is a sum of its parts.
     This is a Hindu concept. Both Christianity  and Judaism hold this answer in abomination. We both see God as a personal, benevolent, and loving Deity who is immanent within His creation but not part of. it.He is transcendent. Both halves of the book validate this. "Hear O Israel:, The Lord our God, the Lord is one."
    Jesus Christ to the New Age was just an avitar. To the Christian He  is "The Living God, who is the savior of all men,especially of those who believe." I Timothy 4:10."Even though you do not believe me, believe the miracles." John 10:38
    As to the doctrine of man they see man born into this world both good and divine  in his nature. Salvation thus depends upon his looking inward at his spiritual nature and recognizing he is a god.
   As you are aware, the Bible sees man differently. He is a sinner who has transgressed the law of God . There is nothing divine inside him. He needs a savior. "I have not come," said Jesus, "to call the righteous but sinners to repentance." Matthew 9:13.
    "For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God." Romans 3:23 
    When it comes to a doctrine of  Judgement, Heaven and Hell, the New Age has a doctrine of reincarnation. No judgement because you are coming back.
    There is a judgement spoken of in the Bible. There will come a day when all will appear before the throne of God and rewarded or condemned for what they have done.
    The New Age has Karma and that seems to be the closest they come to Hell.
     They are cute when they deal with  evil. They say, " It is important to see that Lucifer, as I am using the term, described an angel, a being, a great mighty planetary conciousness. It does not describe the popular thought form of satan who leads man down the path of sin and wrongdoing...Man is his own satan just as man is his own salvation." David Spangler.  Satan thus becomes the "other dark side of the Force".
    Stay with me. It is getting interesting (if it hasn't before. All this is interesting)  Follow me and keep informed. Post comments. I will read and respond. Sometimes in a new posting.

No comments:

Post a Comment