In the beginning God created us male and female and He also performed the first wedding. Because of the fall we started to have marriage probklems and we started something called divorce.
You don't have to divorce. in fact, if you are someone who calls him self a Christian, there is a better way. Try this answer to the divorce question.
God brought the two of you together. It is not good for a man to alone. God hates divorce.
Get help if you need it. There is nothing wrong in seeking advise.
No one is complete in and of himself. No one knows all there is to know.
Seek help when it is being offered.
This is a digital e-book and is only $49.95.
Get it today while it is still available.
Once you have been helped, pass it on.
Friday, December 27, 2013
Thursday, December 19, 2013
I got to thinking recently about prayer. When I pray is my prayer making a difference? Is God hearing?
I do accept the Bible as the written communication of God to me and others who are His. I don't hold to God speaking face to face with each one of us today. He has spoken in His Son and He has authored the Bible. That is the extent of His communication with us when it comes to what we need to know about Him.
Anyway, as I was starting to say about prayer. Does God answer prayer?
In the Bible we are told that Jesus ( God in the flesh) is the same yesterday, today and forever. In context, what does that mean?
Now, I am not ordained. I don't belong to any denomination nor can I be the man who stands up and says this is what God says. I am not the under-shepherd. But I am a seeekr.
When this was penned the time was during the first century.. Jesus--God answered prayer in the Old Testament period of time. That was before God became flesh and dwelt among us. That is the yesterday being spoken about.
God became flesh and dwelt among us. God heard prayer offered then and answered. That was the now.
After Jesus ascended and the Bible was closed toward the end of the first century when John finished Revelation, that is the forever.
. God answered in the days before becoming flesh. He answered when He was in flesh. He answers now based on what He has done in the past. So I could conclude that He hears and answers prayer now in the twenty-first century.
Wednesday, December 4, 2013
I was viewing the statistics of this blog and noticed that the ABC Method is still being looked at. So I decided to major on that subject for this posting.
First off let me remind you why you are studying the Bible. That is: the goals.
- You want to learn more about Christ
- You wish to know how to be a more effective Christian
- You want to know what the Bible says about a certain subject.
- You want to know what does the Bible mean
- You want to know how does the Bible apply
Since I am still getting a response for the ABC Method I will discuss it a bit more here. I may repeat at certain points what the earlier post has said. That is fine as repetition is good.
The ABC method is subjective. You are the one who determines what it is doing for you. The ABC method has many variations and is very popular. It is basicly a simplified analytical approach to the Study of the Bible.
We work this in reverse order. d,c,b,a.
- D Section is where you "digest" what you have chosen. You read through the passage over and over. Usually you use ten verses. If this sounds familiar it is because in the previous posts to this blog I have been putting forth the idea of reading ten verses at a time. So you are just continuing this habit.
- C Section is where you are doing "cross references" Try to find parallel passages or passage for each verse. It can be related to a word, an idea, or general teaching. You are letting the Bible explain itself.
- The B section is where you are looking for the "Best Verse" in the passage you have read. Ask yourself what is the basic verse or key verse of this passage
- A Section is where you are doing the "Application". Be sure to apply to your life the lesson of this passage. Write something like .." The Bible is saying to cast all my cares upon the Lord so I am doing this, and therefore I will not worry about...". You shouold be able to find several; applications from the passage you are lookin gat.
There you have a further discussion on the Bible Study Method--ABC Method.
Go and may you grow deeper in the knowledge of God.