Friday, November 25, 2011

Thankfulness

   Today in the United States it is a Friday, 25 Nov 2011.  Yesterday we had our Thanksgiving day. It is a day set aside to thank God for our blessings.
   There is a lot to be thankful for. Even in other countries. God got us up this morning. He gave us air to breathe. If you are reading this you are breathing, so be thankful. He gave you a place to live. He gave you a mind to think with. If you are married he gave you a wife or husband depending on your sex. He has provided a way to have a relationship with Him.
     Yesterday God blessed us by allowing my wife and I to have two friends over for the Thanksgiving meal of Turkey. We started the meal by reading portions of the Psalms. Each member had a portion to read. And then I lead in prayer. I was blessed in having the group pray in the round. Blessed because that was unplanned. We always pray before our meals That part was planned. The action of praying in the round gives me hope that I am reaching these friends on the spiritual level and they might be willing to listen to our story.
       I am thankful also that this blog is being read by people all over the globe and someday I know they will comment and start a dialogue
       What are you thankful for?  Let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment