Sunday, August 28, 2011

Let's Start Studying

 I have found that it is very important for me to study the Bible to really start to hear what God is saying. This is more than a daily morning devotional read. And I thought, say, wouldn't it be nice to share with others how to do it.
  In sharing this with the public I realized it will take many postings. That will be fine because this blog is in the growth phase and what better way to allow you, the reader, to grow with it.
  So the most important thing to consider as we start in on a study program is to find a spot free from distractions and noise. I found by my doing so it made it easier to concentrate. I would use a pencil to jot down my observations.
  Next I would pray. Since this was God's Holy Book I was holding in my hands and attempting to study. I realized I needed the Holy Spirit to help me understand it. Psalm 119:18 was an appropriate prayer for me to use. "Open my eyes that I may behold wondrous things out of your law."
   Next I would read and look up Scripture the Holy Spirit would bring to mind. Always in context. As the posts go on we will explore this in more depth. But each Scripture has a background. When written. To whom written. What was going on at the time.  read, reread, study aand think about what was read. these were steps I was taking to study the Bible.
  And I jot down what I was learning. And I would apply it., Praying at all times that the Holy Spirit who was abiding within me would be my teacher.
  Soon I began to realize that the more I knew the more I was responsible to live up to it
   More later..

No comments:

Post a Comment