Friday, September 30, 2011

Salvation God's Way, Part One

When I was in the Roman Catholic Church I knew I was safe. Was I not baptized in the right system? Did Jesus not found the Church and this was the only one teaching what He taught? Did he not give the keys of the kingdom to Peter as recorded in Matthew 16? "Thou art Peter and upon this rock I will build my Church."
      It was taught there in the Bible. Jesus said it. The Church councils agreed on it. Tradition said it was so.
     Wait a minute. What is wrong with the statement I made above? Is that really what the Bible teaches? If you are a Roman Catholic you are not allowed to think otherwise. You are not to question the Mother Church, the Pope, and Tradition. You just accept.
      What if that rock Jesus was referring to was the faith that Peter was showing?. In context the incident was the confession of Jesus as the Son of God. "Who do men say that I am?" asked Jesus. "Some say a Prophet. Some Elijah. Some JohnThe Baptist come back from the dead." But who do you say I am?" Peter answered, "You are the Christ (Messah.) the Son of God." "Blessed are you, Simon Bar Jonah, for flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but my Father in Heaven. And I say, you are Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church. And the gates of Hell shall not prevail against it." That is the passage. But it does not say what they say it says? No.
      Please leave comments. We are entering into an area that needs clarification. I would be happy to be your guide.

No comments:

Post a Comment