Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Prayer Is the Answer

  It is not easy being a Christian. No one said it was or would be. Yet somehow you wish it were.
   Well, so do I.
    I could envision a time with no problems, worries, or trouble.
    But that is not now. At the moment we can talk to God about our needs and problems and let Him work it out. We do this by faith.
    That is what prayer is. talking to God. At times it may seem like talking to yourself. It could even start to feel that way.
     Yet prayer is an intimate talk with an invisible but all powerful Deity. He has said in His Word, the Bible, that He cares for us. It is said, rather, He records that He will hear and answer. Hebrews 11:6 states that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him.
      We seek Him in prayer.
      Often we have needs that seem too difficult. Nothing is impossible with God, He has recorded.
    When it comes to financial needs, we should remind God that He has recorded in the Psalms that He Himself is the owner of the cattle on the hills. That must be an Eastern way of saying He owns it all and has no lack.
      It is He, He has recorded, who makes rich. Maybe you don't want to be rich but merely able tro pay your bills and have some to undergird His kingdom purpose financially.
    That is my wish. That is what I am asking at the moment.
    By faith I have to believe that prayer is the answer. God wants to hear from me. I have to believe He wants to provide.
    When I pray I ask directly for what I need. I don't go through the vain repetition that the Catholic  prayer books dictate. God must be sick of the rosary and the prescribed, pre-wrote so called blessed words written in the missal that each Catholic carries around lest he forget the formula that is said to move God..
     No, God likes it when His people talk to him and not read off a list of words.
     God allows needs so that we will ask and so He can provide.

No comments:

Post a Comment