Saturday, May 11, 2013

Bible Study Help

     It is necessary for Christian Growth that you be able to feed yourself. You shouldn't stay with one meal a week.. that sermon on Sunday shouildn't be the only interfacing you do with God . But you should be training yourself to feed yourself.
    What I want is for you to study your Bible and get something for yourself. You need bible study help.
     My method is to have a pen and notebook along with me as I read my Bible. I stay with three chapters a day and I notice what is being said.
  • I ask to whom is the writer speaking? 
  • What is he saying? 
  • Is there something there I should take notice of. (this I jot down in mny notebook.)
  •  Is there something for me to pray about?
  • Is there a sin for me to confess? 
    For those of you out there reading this who would like to try to self feed, and all should, themselves I have a recommended book for you to look at. In  fact I will even give you a link to Amazon so you can purchase it. 

  Rick Warren's Bible Study Methods: Twelve Ways You Can Unlock God's Word

  It is a good book to purchas e and it will give you a handle on some methods that will prove very helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment