Thursday, November 1, 2012

A look at Matthew 7:7

   Part of Christian Duty is to set up a Bible Study time and a period of Scripture memorization.. I am memorizing the sermon Jesus gave on the Mount as recorded in Matthew 5 -7. 
   Today I would like to record a thought on Matthew 7:7. You know how it goes. "Ask and you will receive, seek and you will find, knock and it will be opened to you.
   I discovered that the words 'Ask, Seek , Knock' are written in the Greek as present imperative. Imperatives are commands. Jesus wants us to ask, seek knock. Present in the sense that they are continuous. Keep on asking. Keep on seeking. Keep on knocking.    
   I also discovered that for the first century person when Jesus said knock it was understood as another way to say pray.
   Theerfore it is a promise. And God Himslef said it. I firmly believe that Jesus is God in fleshly form. Therefore anything He says is the same as God saying it.

No comments:

Post a Comment