God has spoken. He is not silent. He communicates. He, I believe, communicates in he Bible. In fact, ever since Adam and Eve He has been communicating. He has selected special people to overshadow and by the Holy Spirit communicate and have them record what He wants said.
No, this is not dictation. If it was, then, the individual style of each book of the Bible would be uniform. They are not. Each book has the style of the person God overshadowed. David is David. Salomon is Solomon. Moses is Moses. And so on.
We have a notebook and pen with us. We want to record what we discover there.
- What is the passage about?
- To whom is the passage addressed?
- Is there an example for me to follow?
- Is there a sin for me to avoid?
- How do I apply what I am reading?